The UHMWPE fiber (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Yarn) has 15 times stronger than steel and 40% stronger than aramid when weight for weight basis. It is the strongest yarn today for making cut-resistance gloves, high-strength ropes, and bulletproof fabrics. Its tenacity at breaking up to 45g/D and has goods performance on anti-UV, anti-chemicals, and anti-cut.
Typical Technical Properties
- After 1500 Sunshine hours, its remaining strength is more than 80%.
- After 6 months in most chemicals (seawater, gas, etc.), its remaining strength is 100%.
- The UHMWPE ropes remaining strength is 100% after 1000 times loaded relative test.
- Melting Point is around 135-145, Highly resistant to abrasion, cutting, tearing
- Its relative times until break of Abrasion proof are more than 110 to 103.
- Its relative times until break of Winding proof are more than 110 to 103.
- Its strength of annulation is 12 up to 18g/d. its 10 up to 15g/d for collusion.
- Color is bright white and poor for dyeing.